Archer C7 doesn't correctly reo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-30 13:57:23
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.15.2 Build 170525 Rel.37571n

ISP :

The initial time I first plugged in my external hard drive to the Archer C7 went smoothly. It displayed all the folders like pictures, videos, music, etc. I wanted to write permissions so I changed the USB settings from "Sharing All" to "Sharing Floders"

(Yes, the typo exists)

When I checked my Media Sharing folder either from my laptop or PS4, it now only displays the pictures and music folders. My videos are no longer there apparently. If I were to plug in my USB flash drive with the same video files, the router picks it up just fine apparently for media sharing. Even after I changed permissions for the flash drive for me to write files to it, I can still see the video files are available for media sharing.

I tried rebooting the router, reconnecting the external hard drive, and even re-updated the router with the latest firmware if that even mattered. The external hard drive is just an 2.5" encased hard drive from a laptop. I'm confused why it worked the first time I plugged it in, but now the video files are invisible once I attempted to change permissions. Reverting back to "Share All" doesn't change a thing. I formatted my external hard drive and pasted the same video files yet still doesn't matter.

Firmware Version:
3.15.2 Build 170525 Rel.37571n
Hardware Version:
Archer C7 v2 00000000
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 doesn't correctly reo
2017-12-01 11:36:15
You would better contact tplink technical support via hot line or email
Options

Information

Helpful: 0