Archer C7 Ethernet Slow (about 75% Slower) then Direct connection to Xfinity Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 Ethernet Slow (about 75% Slower) then Direct connection to Xfinity Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-05 13:27:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So my neighbor bought a Tp-Link Archer C7 v2. Router, I was installing it for him ( they know very little about Internet, routers etc.)
I noticed it seemed quite slow so I did some internet speed tests.
Direct Ethernet connection to Xfinity Gateway I got approx
300 Mbps Down and 35 Mbps up
when running through the Archer C7 Via ethernet same test site speed was massively decreased to approx
70 Mbps Down and timed out or 0 Mbps up
What in the heck could be going on here?
I updated firmware, looked over Archer settings and see nothing to red flag a problem.
Should I run Gateway with No Firewall and set up Archer with a Static IP?
Also I just checked and it is connected to gateway with Con Speed of 1000 Mbps
I am at a loss here as I cannot figure out why (Especially Via Wired Ethernet) it is
Decreasing speed by such a drastic amount.
Any help or suggestions or if you want more info pics etc.
Please let me know as I want to get this solved ASAP I hate having
issues hanging over me like this when helping others out.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Ethernet Slow (about 75% Slower) then Direct connection to Xfinity Gateway
2017-12-07 21:32:01
I'm having the same issue with the Archer 3200.

Speeds using old router and/or a direct ethernet connection: 25 Mbps.
Speeds when swapping in the Archer 3200 and leaving the rest of the network alone: 3 Mbps.

I have also been through the settings and tried toggling just about anything I could think of that could affect speeds and am at a loss.

I submitted a pending forum post about 30 minutes ago.
Options
Re:Archer C7 Ethernet Slow (about 75% Slower) then Direct connection to Xfinity Gateway
2017-12-09 12:05:52
I sure hope someone has some help here.
I may have left out but the Model is the Archer C7 V2 and I do have the newest firmware installed
Options
2017-12-10 22:15:36
Same trouble with my Archer C7 V2.

I had installed ArcherC7v2_en_eu_3_15_1_up_boot(160616).bin and a speed test in the last days shows transfer rates from ca. 3-5 Mbps.
My internet connection speed is 32 Mbps, which could be verified through a direct connection to the internet router.
This seems to be not a wifi problem because a connection via cable to the ARCHER C7 has the same slow transfer rate.

Now, I've installed Archer C7(EU)_V2_170803.bin too, in the hope this will fix this issue but it doesn't.

The older version ArcherC7v2_en_3_14_3_up_boot(150427).bin, which was installed before, doesn't show this behavior.
But a downgrade seems to be not possible any more (because upgrade to EU-Version).

Please, forward this to the Archer C7 support!
If you need more detailed information, don't hesitate and contact me.

Best regards,
TP-Link-User-3456
Options
2017-12-11 03:02:28
There is a Beta firmware for version 2 as well , which seems better for me , not sure if it will help your Eth. issues though (can't test as my service is only 25/25 which i get)

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter&p=195886#post195886
Options
2017-12-16 03:07:07
@kbird
Thanks I will try this.
I am currently waiting for new Ethernet cable and just made Xfinity replace modems I noticed
it dropped from 24 Down channels to 8 or16 depending on it's mood I guess.

should have update today (Friday) or Tomorrow (sat)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1389

Replies: 5

Related Articles