My Router (Not Me) Forgets my WiFi Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-06 00:58:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've got an Archer dual band router that's worked great for a few years, the exact model number escapes me at the moment. It has 2.4 and 5, we have it setup to use both concurrently. Our phones and computers work great, switching back and forth without issue as necessary, but we have some other devices around the house (Chromecast, Robo-Vacuum, Light Bulbs) that can only have one network setup, and most of them don't support the 5, so they're all on 2.4

Around the time we moved we started experiencing a strange issue where all our devices will just log off of the 2.4, and when I try to re-connect on my phone it says the saved password is wrong. We haven't changed our password in years. Usually, resetting the router (just turning it off and back on again) will solve the problem but only temporarily, an hour or two, or even a few days. But eventually it will happen again. Yesterday I reset it completely to factory defaults and started over from scratch. it worked well last night but this morning I woke up and it had forgotten the password for the 2.4 ghz band again.

The timing would make me think that it's an issue with our ISP or Modem, but the 5g connection is fine, so that can't be it, right?

I'm at a loss and if this forum can't help I think it's just time for a new router. Thanks in advance!

-loren
Options
1 Reply
Re:My Router (Not Me) Forgets my WiFi Password
2017-12-07 15:32:45
I also encounter the same problem The choice is 2.4G because it is more stable
Options