Archer C3200 Slow Wired Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-07 21:21:40
Model : Archer C3200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : The 170707 version

ISP : Comcast

I recently purchased the Archer C3200 (10/100/1000) to upgrade my local network to better support local Ultra-HD Streaming.

My original router is a fast-ethernet Linksys E2500 (10/100).
My speed (based on fast.com) on several devices using the Linksys router registered at 20 Mbps over wired connections.

I then swapped out the E2500 and put the Archer C3200 in it's place. I did not update the firmware at this time.
Re-tested the wired devices and my new internet speed is 3 Mbps (fast.com).
I also tested wireless devices and received similar results (1-3 Mbps).

Just to be sure my internet speeds weren't suddenly slow, I re-connected the modem directly to one of the wired devices.
Speed shot back up to 25 Mbps.

At this point I started trouble-shooting the router itself as it's the only variable:
I updated the firmware for the C3200 to the latest version (ending in 170707): No Change
[*]I researched several forum posts regarding speed issues and tried the following:

[*]Turning off all NAT settings: No Change
[*]Turned of wireless completely to just test wired connections: No Change
[*]Configured the bandwidth limit to my anticipated speeds (25 Mbps): No Change

With everything else in my local network being the same, and the fact that swapping in my old router restores speeds to anticipated levels, it seems fairly clear that the C3200 is the issue.

Has anyone come across this issue? Are there other settings I need to look at?
My guess at this point is that the router itself is faulty.

-Walt
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C3200 Slow Wired Connection
2020-01-05 17:54:38
Did you ever resolve this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1097

Replies: 1

Related Articles