Remote machine to machine on 3g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-11 06:38:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am interested in purchasing a tp-link router/modem combination for residential use but am not sure which one will work best. My goal is to monitor a remote location using a 3g cellular network connection because I have dropped the wired broadband connection.

I know I can connect to a Cellular network at the remotely located property I own (geographically different from where I live). I currently monitor the temperature at this property using a device called “isocket” and it works well using a “truphone” prepaid sim card.

I have also established the connection can be made via a “hardwired” route. I have monitored my security cameras at this location using an app on my Android smartphone over a wired broadband connection utilizing a DVR plugged into a basic router. The administration of both the DVR and router functions accomplished over the Internet via web based administration panels.

I tried making a new connection wirelessly using a locked router purchased from my local cellphone carrier, US Cellular. The attempt failed but proved that I had to have a forward/public facing IP address that US Cellular would not provide.

So, to summarize my needs based on my prior experiences.

[*]The router/modem (device) needs to be unlocked so I can use a prepaid SIM card and
[*]I must have the ability to identify the device IP. I need a WAN IP address in order to view the security cams. I have to forward the WAN IP/port of the router to the LAN IP/port of the DVR.)
[*]The device needs to have at least one LAN port to connect the DVR.
[*]The device needs to work in the same room where another device SIM card is located over a 3g network in the USA, specifically, Central Iowa, zip code 51453 (I have normal signal reports @-98dbm HSDPA, UMTS per device app reports)
[*]Remote administration is necessary.
[*]Prefer the device be powered by AC 120V or adpt 12VDC.

I am an amateur and I apologize for any incorrect use of terminology due to my lack of experience. Your recommendations are much appreciated.

Jeff
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 0

Related Articles