Windows machine disconnects if left idle for

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 04:11:50
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20221103 Rel. 43293

I recently set up my 2 pack of X55s.THe Main Deco X55 in my living room and is connected to the WAN. I have one NAS hard-wired to this X55.

There are 12 other devices on the network including IOT devices, phones, a printer, AppleTV, and a Smart TV. I've had no problem with any of these.

The other X55 is in my office, and I have a Windows computer hard-wired to it. The problem is that, if I don't use the computer for an hour or two, it disconnects from the hard-wired connection, and the only way I can find to reconnect it is to restart the entire computer. I'd prefer not to have to do this as it is disruptive to my workflow. 

I never experienced this before with my Netgear Nitehawk router. This only started happening when I set up the Deco. Also, this doesn't happen with any of the other devices. 

Has anyone experienced this? 

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Windows machine disconnects if left idle for
2023-03-14 08:03:07

@jeffish 

Hi, did it help to Disable Power Management on Windows, such as:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-14375/

Best regards.

Options
Re:Windows machine disconnects if left idle for
2023-03-14 13:27:44

@David-TP Thanks for the response, but this problem was too disruptive so I had to return the Decos. I got an Archer AX21 instead. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 2

Related Articles