Archer C3200 shared volume problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-16 04:45:29
Model : Archer C3200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Ok, i have a drive in the USB 3.0 port.

I have a folder named Local that I shared. The problem is that the shared name includes the name of the device/partition. So the shared name actually is Local(sda1).

Randomly the device name changes to sdb1 and sometime, still randomly, it changes back to sda1. The shared folder name changes from Local(sda1) to Local(sdb2) and back.

I have the shared folder mounted as F: in my windows machine. Of course when the name of the shared folder changes on the router my F: mount point becomes invalid, which doesn't help.

Is there anyway to NOT have the name of the device in the shared folder? So the name would be just Local.

Or at least to make the router not change the device name.

And even more aggravating: it changed while copying data on the USB disk ... so the drive didn't go in sleep or something so it didn't require re-detection and remapping ...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 0

Related Articles