Frequent lapses internet connection while connected to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 11:01:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just purchased My Deco M5 routers and have had issues with internet connection. Although on the app it will list that all the routers are doing fine, about 3 to 5 times per day, and especially at night time, the internet connection will drop. It will still show that I am connected to the router and if I look on the app, it shows that the routers are doing fine and that they have internet connection. The only way I can fix this is by restarting the router via the app but that is annoying. I am on the latest firmware. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Options
2 Reply
Internet connection Issue
2017-12-20 05:19:11
I have the same issue. The gateway seems to be working fine. However, the second node loses connection several times a day. I moved the second node closer to the gateway hoping that would fix the problem. However, I still see the connection dropping on the second node (light turns red), and it then reconnects a couple of minutes later. The firmware is up to date.
It is quite frustrating. Any suggestions?
Options
Re:Frequent lapses internet connection while connected to the router
2017-12-20 16:53:04

Kammon2 wrote

I just purchased My Deco M5 routers and have had issues with internet connection. Although on the app it will list that all the routers are doing fine, about 3 to 5 times per day, and especially at night time, the internet connection will drop. It will still show that I am connected to the router and if I look on the app, it shows that the routers are doing fine and that they have internet connection. The only way I can fix this is by restarting the router via the app but that is annoying. I am on the latest firmware. Is there anyway I can fix this?

I had similar problems that I thought was due to poor service from my ISP (since everything showed as working fine). The cause turned out to be a problem with IPv6 connectivity. I don't know if it can help, but I would try changing your settings to see if perhaps something is causing problems.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 2