Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Me too!
2018-02-17 14:29:52
I joined this forum just to say I have the same problem!

Our iphones don't often have trouble, but my two laptops often cannot access the internet after being closed and reopened again later. Only a manual disconnect and reconnect of the network seems to fix the issue (until next time).

I also have an old Chumby that will connect when first turned on (802.11b!) , but always loses its connection after 30-60 minutes, and cannot reconnect until it is turned off and on again.
Options
Re:Frequent loss of internet connection
2018-03-06 10:26:51
I have the same internet connection issue. My connection will drop every 2-3 day and require a reboot of the gateway deco to fix the issue. Rebooting the deco m5 is like a normal routine for my family. My wife even ask me to install the app so she can just do it herself and she NEVER ask me to install anything on her phone. I totally share everyone's frustration and would advise to stay away with this product. It's just simply doesn't worth your time or money.

BTW, I'm 100% sure this issue has nothing to do with ISP or settings because when the internet is down, I can still surf by switching to the guest network provide by the same deco.
Options
2018-03-07 01:05:13

jungc wrote

I have the same internet connection issue. My connection will drop every 2-3 day and require a reboot of the gateway deco to fix the issue. Rebooting the deco m5 is like a normal routine for my family. My wife even ask me to install the app so she can just do it herself and she NEVER ask me to install anything on her phone. I totally share everyone's frustration and would advise to stay away with this product. It's just simply doesn't worth your time or money.BTW, I'm 100% sure this issue has nothing to do with ISP or settings because when the internet is down, I can still surf by switching to the guest network provide by the same deco.
Just get rid of this worthless system.I have sold it and replace it with my old netgear r7000.Problem solved
Options
2018-03-07 11:43:51
Personal opinion: as there are many factors may affect the internet connections, and every user has differnet network environment, so it's suggested to email TP-LINK support to get assistance as per your case.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101453-Problems-using-Access-Point-mode-with-more-than-1-Deco-M5&p=221776&viewfull=1#post221776
Options
2018-03-08 08:19:45

Kevin SG wrote

Personal opinion: as there are many factors may affect the internet connections, and every user has differnet network environment, so it's suggested to email TP-LINK support to get assistance as per your case.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101453-Problems-using-Access-Point-mode-with-more-than-1-Deco-M5&p=221776&viewfull=1#post221776

Sure, and the truth is most ppl who post comment here because Tp-link doesn't provide a fix or just close the ticket without verify the solution with user.
Options
2018-03-12 07:27:06
We are also noticing authentication errors reported by some websites, noticing Facebook and Instagram. This occurs across a range of devices and manifests as being unable to set up a secure connection. Problem appears to fix itself in a couple of hours but it's pretty annoying. Seen on Galaxy S6, iPhone, iPad, macbook air, and PC.
Options
2018-03-13 20:12:25
The ticket will open again if you reply that email.

jungc wrote

Sure, and the truth is most ppl who post comment here because Tp-link doesn't provide a fix or just close the ticket without verify the solution with user.
Options
2018-03-15 08:09:50

vieldcs wrote

The ticket will open again if you reply that email.

My case is I didn't receive any update from Tp-link and it's already been two weeks. I consider the user who receive the none-working solution lucky!
Options
2018-03-15 16:03:36
email them again, or call them, there should be a way to draw their attention, they will take it seriously
Options
Re:Re:Frequent loss of internet connection
2019-02-01 21:06:06
What are the requirements?
Options
Related Articles