Archer C7 version 2 router, wireless and ethernet stop working intermittantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-24 08:48:13
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : C7(US)_V2_170525

ISP : Spectrum

I have an Archer C7 version 2 router.

The wireless wi fi signal stops every one to two days. Afterwards, I go through a restart and reboot of the router. Then it starts working again.

This router is approximately 1 .5 years old.

With firmware Archer C7(US)_V2_170525.

Every one to two days. The wifi signal stops working.

I have contacted Spectrum isp and made sure the isp is not the problem.

I have also upgraded to a brand new modem around November 1, 2017 time frame.

This wifi signal stops working for laptop, and also for tablet.

When I push the reset button on the Archer C7 rounter and wait 3 - 4 minutes. Both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz wifi signal works.

This wi-fi signal has never had this problem before.

At the same time, the LAN, physical ethernet connection stops working also.

Can anyone please let me know what the problem is.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 version 2 router, wireless and ethernet stop working intermittantly
2017-12-25 03:27:07
There is a known issue , if you have a Killer Branded AC Wifi Card in any of your Devices ? I don't , but have found the Beta Bios in that thread for certain Versions of the C7 , is working well for me....

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter&p=195886#post195886

I would try an older firmware if that doesn't help , they may have "broken" something in the recent Firmwares with these other Updates they are patching for.

I have not heard of the Eth. Ports not working either , but I am not on the US Firmware either.....you may have a Hardware Issue , I'd follow up with Support as well If I was you....

KB.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 1

Related Articles