Gateway Changing issues FIX, and how to set back to 192.168.0.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-30 00:13:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

If the deco senses another router on your network, I know we all think we one. The deco will then automatically change its internal lan network to 192.168.1.1 which in turn will mess up all your static IP's.

Start by finding the offending router(device acting like a router), then simply unhook everything from the DECO acting as router and power off both Cable modem and DECO, then power both back on with no other wired connections. This will reset the DECO to 192.168.0.1.

The toughest part of this task is finding the offending device(router). I used a network scan tool called FING and it says I have a Archer C60?? I sure don't have this, some device is acting as router.

I hope this makes sense and will be a work around until we can HARD CODE the gateway to what we want in the deco app.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 0