Model TL-WR940N working modes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-05 13:55:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-WR940N and my intention was to replace an older SOHO Cisco router in a two story home because the old router located in an upper floor bedroom at the far south end of the house was not connectiong to a Roku Stick at the far north end of the house on the first floor.

I replaced the old router and yet the new TL-WR940N performed WORSE than the older router. I tried using it in HIGH power mode and no better.

Using a Cell phone with a WiFi meter app, I can see that the ROKU is about two feet away from usable signal on the new router. That last few feet the signal drops off logarithmically.

So, I am investigation keeping the old router and using the TL as an access point OR range extender, but I'm not sure which to use.

I just need to get the TL up and over a few feet where I can rotate it better and hopefully get the needed signal strength. It is currently low to the floor in a wooden cabinet with no doors.

Any advice is appreciated. I was think of doing something like this: https://youtu.be/J5QJb3O19zI

Just want to be sure I am using the proper mode for this application....AP or Range Entender. TIA!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 0

Related Articles