Reliability problem using MagicJack Plus VOIP with Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-10 00:37:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a 3 unit Deco M5 setup with the Primary/Gateway Deco set up in my office. It is connected by ethernet to the cablemodem and the other Deco port is connected to the MagicJack Plus (VOIP). This setup works fine when I start, but subsequently stops working. I believe that this failure occurs when address assignments are changed. Restarting the MagicJack Plus doesn't solve the problem. I have to restart the Deco AND the MagicJack Plus.

I believe that if I am able to do static addressing it might solve the problem. How would that work?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Reliability problem using MagicJack Plus VOIP with Deco M5
2018-03-11 06:56:40
Two months later, crickets.

Bump.
Options
2018-03-13 20:28:59
You can do address reservation on Deco.

jordanvt wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a 3 unit Deco M5 setup with the Primary/Gateway Deco set up in my office. It is connected by ethernet to the cablemodem and the other Deco port is connected to the MagicJack Plus (VOIP). This setup works fine when I start, but subsequently stops working. I believe that this failure occurs when address assignments are changed. Restarting the MagicJack Plus doesn't solve the problem. I have to restart the Deco AND the MagicJack Plus.

I believe that if I am able to do static addressing it might solve the problem. How would that work?
Options
2019-02-03 20:23:51 - last edited 2019-02-03 20:26:59

I had a issue with the MagicJack Go. It on ANY router I used cracked up when talking. VERY ANNOYING lol. If you port forward and set up QOS and address reservation it should fix your issue. The port you want forwarded for the MagicJack is 5060 UDP. And this was refering to my setup on my DECO M5 system. In the APP under advanced is address reservation (static ip) set to whatever it was originaly the Deco gave it. Port Forwarding is also under advanced as well. Hope this helps.

Options