c5400 v2 bricked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

c5400 v2 bricked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
c5400 v2 bricked?
c5400 v2 bricked?
2018-01-14 04:01:23
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've gone through 3 or 4 archer c5400 routers and inevitably after several weeks to a few months doing anything simple like rebooting the router causes the router to totally die, as in the power light flashes continually them stays solid and network functionality is dead. I've done the latest firmware update on two of the routers, the router I have now I did not update and still the same exact thing happens and it's really pissing me off. What in the heck is wrong with this tplink c5400 router and why hasn't the company fixed this ridiculous problem by now? I tried calling and got someone who barely spoke English and I'm not going through that mess. I guess I'll just keep buying routers off Amazon or a local store and just keep returning these bad routers. I will never ever purchase another tplink product again that's for sure.
Options
8 Reply
Archer c5400 v 2.0
2018-01-15 00:45:41
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version : Archer c5400 v 2.0
Firmware Version : 1.2.2 20170912

Hi,
I feel you, I'm on my 3rd one in 30 days as I write this. I don't know what to say, I just don't have the words to describe the bizarre behavior of this router. Hopefully, 3's a charm......Good luck!

I've gone through 3 or 4 archer c5400 routers and inevitably after several weeks to a few months doing anything simple like rebooting the router causes the router to totally die, as in the power light flashes continually them stays solid and network functionality is dead. I've done the latest firmware update on two of the routers, the router I have now I did not update and still the same exact thing happens and it's really pissing me off. What in the heck is wrong with this tplink c5400 router and why hasn't the company fixed this ridiculous problem by now? I tried calling and got someone who barely spoke English and I'm not going through that mess. I guess I'll just keep buying routers off Amazon or a local store and just keep returning these bad routers. I will never ever purchase another tplink product again that's for sure.[/QUOTE]
Options
Re:c5400 v2 bricked?
2018-01-15 04:40:03
Thanks for commiserating! I was very surprised to say the least. While I thankfully had the option of a return or replacement from Amazon, I opted for a refund and it will be on its way back tomorrow. I figure why tempt fate again.

A shame really I was quite pleased but my living is made on the computer at home and the layout is such that a solid wireless router is a necessity.

So I just did what my inside voice was telling me to do from the start, went to BestBuy and purchased the Asus ROG GT-AC 5300 Rapture. It's a friggin' beast and screams quality build. Had it up/running and my devices set the way I want withing 15 minutes.
Options
2018-01-28 09:24:27
on my second C5400 now if this Sh*ts the Bed I will not go for a third. My 1750 worked flawlessly so I thought TP Link was the bomb,
Options
2018-01-28 13:15:28
andrewl62,

Good luck,

I'm currently on my 2nd replacement, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks....So far so good. I decided not to do the tether app, the cloud stuff nor the usb connections. Just plain scared! LOL! When I got it, I went thru the setup then I did the firmware upgrade while holding my breath! So I'm just leaving it as is. No more upgrading the firmware or anything else, best wishes!
Options
2018-01-29 02:55:20
Well did firmware update and cloud link. So far so good. Everything working wellKeeping fingers crossed.
Options
2018-02-05 03:24:41
Which firmware are you on?
Options
2018-05-26 00:37:00
gone through another 3 of these routers, every single one is doing the exact same thing and tech support still has NO clue what is wrong. I swear I will never purchase another product from this company again after this insanity.
Options
2020-03-29 02:38:11
Now I see I was not alone, this has been my experince with TP-Link, I will consider it a shamefull one, but it seems this company has no pride: Let met share my story regarding the Archer AC5400 V2 and the Deco M9+, and I hope this will save you a true headache.  However, if you have resolve the connectivity challenge of these devices communicating correctly over 400 Mbps, please share with the rest of the World.   * It has been nothing but trouble having purchase the TP-Link line of product.  I went by the ratings, but this has proven to be a fiasco.  The TP-Link devices do not talk nice to each other: * If you connect the Deco as an AP, you will be lucky to get over 100 Mbps and this device can go over 1Gbps.  No, is not my connection it is just, the Deco become a paper weight when not behaving as a Router. * If you connect the Deco as the Router, that you can get speed over 400Mbps, however it is not consistent.  On the contrary you loose connectivity frequently with no explanation. * If the Deco is the Router, then the AC5400 V2 acts-up and does not provide a solid 2.4GHz it will conflict with the Deco 2.4GHz. * I had tried to work with TP-link for over 8 month with no avail.  Their 24 hour support is as good as having none.  One will get bad advice, bad information, etc. * I had requested for someone to go over my setting to ensure everything is as it is supposed to be, and I am getting nothing back. * I will be surprise if this feedback is posted as it shows, if you can afford the TP-Link line, add a few dollars more and continue shopping to avoid getting additional gray hair or loosing some.   Hope this helps out for those of you that are as frustrated as I am.  As I mentioned earlier, if you have solved the combined utilization of these 2 devices, please share, it will be greatly appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 8

Related Articles