Archer C1200 v2.0 - How to disable firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-21 03:44:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So a firmware update has come out for my router, and every damn website I try to visit this stupid popup telling me to update my firmware pops up.

Let me make this clear: I AM NOT GOING TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!

I want to get rid of that firmware update [COLOR=#ff0000] popup. It has made my life miserable, and I want it gone. I would also like to never receive firmware upgrades ever again. I am not gonna take time out of my day just to upgrade a box that gives me internet.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 v2.0 - How to disable firmware updates
2018-01-22 01:28:35
Same issue here. No desire to run a firmware update and potentially accidentally brick my hardware if I have some kind of freak power outage or something. I need these update pop ups to stop now and forever.
Options
2018-01-22 09:10:04

Nyltak wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So a firmware update has come out for my router, and every damn website I try to visit this stupid popup telling me to update my firmware pops up.

Let me make this clear: I AM NOT GOING TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!

I want to get rid of that firmware update popup. It has made my life miserable, and I want it gone. I would also like to never receive firmware upgrades ever again. I am not gonna take time out of my day just to upgrade a box that gives me internet.

If you press the Ignore this version button, do not work?
Options
2018-01-24 01:27:28
On mine at least, there is no option. The first time it popped up there was. I hit "Remind me later" since I wanted to look at what the update changed, not to mention I wasn't about to try an update in the middle of my day.

Now, all I see is "Hi, a new firmware update is available for your router." I'm about a day away from putting it in my closet forever and buying another router from another company that doesn't spam me with pop ups I can't disable on my own network.

Whoever thought this was a good idea was mistaken. Based on all the threads I see on this forum with people having bugs and issues with their update, it's no wonder people are reluctant to upgrade firmware. I simply won't do it, and I want an option to disable firmware notifications forever.
Hi, a new firmware is available for your router. Hi, a new firmware is available for your router.
Options
2018-01-24 01:50:08
I did that before, but the most recent time didnt give me that option
Options
2018-01-25 01:07:53
There is an issue with the latest update on 20180117. With that, my router disconnected unbearably often. So, I downgraded to 20180103(the one before) version, it resolved the disconnecting problem. Now I have this unbearable notice problem.
So, PLEASE
1. Make the firmware better
or
2. Let me disable the notification.
Options
2018-01-25 01:09:30
There is an issue with the latest update on 20180117. With that, my router disconnected unbearably often.
So, I downgraded to 20180103(the one before) version, it resolved the disconnecting problem. Now I have this unbearable notice problem.
So, PLEASE
1. Make the firmware better
or
2. Let me disable the notification.
Options
2018-01-25 08:46:33
I also face this issue yesterday, but today, there is a ignore button pop up, that I can press it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1525

Replies: 7