Firmware update chaos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware update chaos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware update chaos
Firmware update chaos
2018-01-23 12:51:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Home network consists of 2 laptops running Windows 10 and one desktop running Linux Mint MATE. The router in question is a TP-Link Archer AC2300: In one place it is called an A2300, while in another place it's called an AC2300. We also have a Coredy range extender with two Ethernet ports, both of which are in use. Everything was working just fine. Today got a big notification: Firmware upgrade for C2300 routers. I assumed that the TP-Link servers correctly identified our router; so I ran the firmware upgrade, and everything went to hell. The network was completely messed up. I tried resetting the router (which necessitated resetting the cable modem as well), but while that solved some problems, it created others. I have spent a couple of hours trying to fix what I can and I am sure I will have to spend several more hours tomorrow trying to clean up this mess. Questions:
How do I ascertain whether the present firmware upgrade is the correct one and is correctly installed? In view of the possibility that it was not correctly installed and that that is the problem.
[*]Assuming that the firmware upgrade was properly installed, how do I roll it back? Because it made everything worse, not better.
[*]Where do I look to find out whether I should be cautious about installing future firmware upgrades? Because this has been an infuriating (and totally unnecessary) experience.
Thanks, folks.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Firmware update chaos
2018-01-23 14:07:34
Hey contact TPlink support via email or hotline that will be helpful.
My router bricked once, and they send me the FAQ http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1482.html
I just follow this, then every thing work well.
Options
2018-01-24 04:05:02
You can download the Firmwares yourself off the Country you are in TP Link Support Page (do not flash Firmwares for other Countries) make sure you have the correct Model and Hardware version ( usually on the bottom) cos there seems to be two versions a C2300 and a A2300

http://www.tp-link.com/us/search/?q=ac2300&t=&s=

since you didn't bother to fill in the required Info I can't help much more....
Options
2018-01-30 10:53:40

mafinokc wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Home network consists of 2 laptops running Windows 10 and one desktop running Linux Mint MATE. The router in question is a TP-Link Archer AC2300: In one place it is called an A2300, while in another place it's called an AC2300. We also have a Coredy range extender with two Ethernet ports, both of which are in use. Everything was working just fine. Today got a big notification: Firmware upgrade for C2300 routers. I assumed that the TP-Link servers correctly identified our router; so I ran the firmware upgrade, and everything went to hell. The network was completely messed up. I tried resetting the router (which necessitated resetting the cable modem as well), but while that solved some problems, it created others. I have spent a couple of hours trying to fix what I can and I am sure I will have to spend several more hours tomorrow trying to clean up this mess. Questions:
How do I ascertain whether the present firmware upgrade is the correct one and is correctly installed? In view of the possibility that it was not correctly installed and that that is the problem.
[*]Assuming that the firmware upgrade was properly installed, how do I roll it back? Because it made everything worse, not better.
[*]Where do I look to find out whether I should be cautious about installing future firmware upgrades? Because this has been an infuriating (and totally unnecessary) experience.
Thanks, folks.

I have a firmware that they sent me that allowed me to downgrade to the original version . I had may problems with the upgrade also . the worst problem was the media access control broke . It is to bad such a nice router gets sucj bad firmware updates . PM me if you want the firmware . mine is the c2300 so I am not sure if that matters .the original firmware is 20170411 release 64994
Options
2018-03-30 00:06:48
Brian,

I have not enough privilege to send you a PM, but if you see this, can you sent me the firmware that allowed you to downgrade the c2300? thanks.
Options
2018-04-09 22:15:07

brianjdn wrote

I have a firmware that they sent me that allowed me to downgrade to the original version . I had may problems with the upgrade also . the worst problem was the media access control broke . It is to bad such a nice router gets sucj bad firmware updates . PM me if you want the firmware . mine is the c2300 so I am not sure if that matters .the original firmware is 20170411 release 64994

Can you sent me the firmware that allowed you to downgrade the c2300?

thanks!
Options
2018-04-10 02:59:00

brianjdn wrote

Can you send me a download link to the firmware that allowed you to downgrade the c2300?

Thank`s.
Options
2018-04-16 08:41:21
the firmware he is referring to is for Canada only: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/download/Archer-C2300.html#Firmware
Options
2018-05-19 21:40:16
Any differences in firmware between US and Canadian versions is to comply with regulatory differences and either firmware will work in a V1 C9.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 981

Replies: 8

Related Articles