Archer C7 V2 WDS FAIL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 V2 WDS FAIL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 V2 WDS FAIL
Archer C7 V2 WDS FAIL
2018-02-04 01:08:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have searched the forum with WDS and came up blank....

The 2 routers are both the same make and model and I have read every "How to" guide on setting up WDS (5Ghz both on the same channel) with the this router but it's never consistent. When I connect the repeating router to the main AND the WDS functionality actually does work, it will never survive till the next day and the connection will NEVER survive a reboot or either router (signal strength is sufficient). Most of the time the routers will talk but there is no internet being passed to the bridged router. When connected by Ethernet cable to the bridged router - no internet, but I can connect between the two via wifi to the main through the bridge??? So end result is, the 2 routers talk and communicate but their is no internet being pushed to the bridge. Hope this makes sense to someone and they can provide some insight.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 WDS FAIL
2019-03-11 22:32:19

I have two Archer C9 routers bridged (WDS) and had some of the same problems.  I found that manually setting the channel to a fixed value (not Auto) resolved much of the issue.  Just log on to each of your routers, select the band you are using (2.4 or 5.0) and make sure they are set to the same channel - I'm using 44.

My two work just fine except the Internet is not passed to the router proper.  So anything plugged into the secondary (AP) router (TV, BluRay, Xbox, Dish Hopper) all get the internet, but the router itself can not see the internet and get updates on the "time".  So the clock is constantly wrong and needs to be manually set.  Haven't figured this out yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1471

Replies: 1