C5400 QoS settings not working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-18 23:56:47
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.2.2

ISP :

Under QoS settings: when selecting any option other than standard, the QoS seems to have the opposite effect.

For example: I selected Gaming in Application Priorities. Then under Device Priorities, I selected my Xbox.

Ran a speed test on my Xbox and the speeds are around 1/3rd of what I get not using QoS (leaving it set to Standard and no Device Priorities).

Using Standard w/ no Device Priorities selected: Speed test on Xbox results in 346mbs down and 47mbs up.

Using Gaming w/ Xbox selected as a priority device: Speed test on Xbox is 96mbs down and 6mbs up.

I tried selecting Gaming as Application Priority and not selecting Xbox as a Priority Device - same result.

Tried using Standard as Application Priority and selecting Xbox as Priority Device - same result.

Also made sure a game was running on the Xbox (though I'm not sure how the router detects gaming traffic over other traffic).

Any help would be appreciated as the main reason I bought this router was for gaming.
Options
1 Reply
Re:C5400 QoS settings not working?
2018-03-16 17:03:18
Go to Basic, click speed test there, see what the result would be.
Test on your Xbox again with priority enabled.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 921

Replies: 1

Related Articles