ARCHER C3200 - no SMB1 how do I access my network USB drives now?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-20 04:42:09
Model : Archer C3200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm no IT guy but I can usually figure some if this out. Since there is no support SMB1 and I don't believe a software patch is coming how can I access my USB drives remotely. Can I set up the router so it can be access like a FTP site or a cloud server? I'm jammed up here and don't want to do P2P between my computers.
Options
1 Reply
Re:ARCHER C3200 - no SMB1 how do I access my network USB drives now?
2018-03-16 16:20:03
a) If you do not want to use SMB 1.0 anymore, you can use FTP to easily access the USB memory on your TP-Link router using the Internet browser. Alternatively, you can also use the FTP protocol with e.g. Cyberduck, FileZilla or WinSCP access the memory.
b) You may also continue using SMB1.0, please enable SMB 1.0 support on your windows 10 computer follow these steps[FONT=宋体]:[/FONT]
1. Enter sys in the search box of the Windows taskbar and then select "Control Panel".
2. In the upper right corner, under "Display", select "Category" ().
3. Click on "Programs" and then on "Programs and Features".
4. Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
5. In the Windows Features window, enable "Support for SMB 1.0 / CIFS File Sharing" and click "OK.
6. Click "Restart Now" to complete the installation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 1

Related Articles