Archer c5400 Ring Doorbell problem FIXED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-26 23:41:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had trouble with my Archer c5400 and devices losing the 2.8 Gz signal frequently. My Ring doorbell and my thermostats kept dropping off the network, or the Ring video was stuttering. I finally turned off the 2.8 "Auto" channel and chose a channel less frequented. I used WifiInfoView [COLOR=#000000], to look at channel assignments, to help me pick the best channel. I also changed the width to 40 mhz. Since I've done this, 2 weeks ago, no more problems. I think the algorithm that chooses the channel is either inaccurate or the devices lose signal when it Auto changes to a different channel?

Hope this helps someone. Took me awhile to nail it down. Since I've done this the Ring works great, no more lost or weak signal messages, and no more videos pausing in the middle. My two thermostats have not gone offline either.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer c5400 Ring Doorbell problem FIXED
2018-03-16 14:19:29
Thanks for the post. Great help!
Options
Re:Archer c5400 Ring Doorbell problem FIXED
2018-03-16 14:25:40
It is very nice and also ideal for us. It is only seriously.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 2