Archer C5 V4 USB Printer Controller does not recognize Canon PIXMA MP280

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-01 02:59:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, all. I have switched to an ISP which supplied a TP-Link router (Archer C5 Ver 4), which offers USB printer sharing. I have a Canon PIXMA MP280 USB printer which works when plugged directly into my Windows 10 PC.
I installed the printer controller application on my PC, plugged in the printer on the router, and activated the controller. The controller appears, but none of the buttons are active or lighted.
I contacted TP-Link support, who replied that because my hardware is Ver 4, I must get in touch with my ISP support. I did so, and was told that the ISP has no way to help with this.
Before I give up on this, I wanted to find out if anyone has successfully made printer control on Ver 4 work.
Thanks for your time.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C5 V4 USB Printer Controller does not recognize Canon PIXMA MP280
2018-03-16 13:51:50
I don't there is a ver 4. It's remade by your ISP? so they ask you to contact ISP
Options
Re:Archer C5 V4 USB Printer Controller does not recognize Canon PIXMA MP280
2018-03-17 03:57:38
Thank you, Anton. Although the hardware has "V4" on it, I have not found anything on the TP-Link website mentioning V4, so I am guessing that you are right.
Options