How to Manage C5400 Remotely via Tether App on iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-09 22:27:47
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 20160972 Rel. 53959(5553)

ISP : Spectrum

Got my new C5400 Tri-Band router yesterday and set it up. Connected all my devices to it and everything is running well. I downloaded the Tether App on my iPhone so I can manage the router remotely, primarily for parental control reasons. I noticed that unless I am connected to the WiFi network at home, I am unable to access the router. To me this defeats the purpose. Is there a work around for this so that I can manage my router via the App whenever I am not home?

I've previously owned Netgear, Tenda, and Linksys routers, and they all allowed me to manage the router remotely with their respective Apps. I didn't have to do any configurations, except for login into the router via the app with a created 'cloud' account.

Please help. I need to be able to manage this router remotely from where ever I may be.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to Manage C5400 Remotely via Tether App on iPhone
2018-03-10 06:49:39
You'll have to set up the TP-Link cloud account. Left side tab when you log into the router via web. Go through the prompts,easy to follow....there's a mention about binding the cloud account and tether app afterward you should be able to manage your router anywhere.
Here's a link to help you get started:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1366.html
Options
Re:How to Manage C5400 Remotely via Tether App on iPhone
2018-03-10 10:14:40

RajaDaja wrote

You'll have to set up the TP-Link cloud account. Left side tab when you log into the router via web. Go through the prompts,easy to follow....there's a mention about binding the cloud account and tether app afterward you should be able to manage your router anywhere. Here's a link to help you get started: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1366.html
Thanks for the reply. I realized the reason I didn’t have the ability to remotely manage my router via the Tether App was because my router needed to be upgraded to the latest firmware. I went ahead and upgraded the firmware and set up my TP-Link Cloud and then was able to use the App to set up Parental Controls, QoS, etc.
Options