Archer c59 networking on a local LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-12 09:24:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, I am hoping to get some help here. I had an older Tp-link router and did some configuration to where I was able to host and play games on a local lan. had nothing to do with Firewalls (atleast Windows), but whatever I did on my old router is escaping me on my new one. No matter what game I try and play with my son we cant see any games that we host. I remember when I did set it up on the old router it was a simple thing and we seen each other. I have tried Port forwarding /UPNP, DMZ. I just cant remember what it was. the two games in question are Close Combat Normandy and Age of Empire 3. Older games, but like I said at one point we were working fine, new router and now I cant remember what simple step I did. Any clues or steps to try would be awesome. Thanks!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer c59 networking on a local LAN
2018-03-13 22:14:30
Are the two PCs are connected to the same router? Are you able to ping each other?
Options
Yes can see ping/ trade files
2018-03-14 05:53:44
Thanks for replying, yes they can communicate quite freely that is why it's puzzling. I wish when my old router bit it, I didn't factory reset it to see if it would work.
Options
Re:Archer c59 networking on a local LAN
2018-03-14 10:56:37
Did you change anything on your gaming console? reset the new router, set DMZ. contact tplink support to help you if problem persists.
Options
No not yet
2018-03-15 22:47:47
I have tried all configurations I thought it might be, but no success. I thought I'd try here first as it's not a pressing issue, I'll try tech support and see if they can walk me through ideas. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 4