Archer C50 Fairpoint Fiber Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-13 08:07:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone else has had success with setting up an Archer C50 AC1200 router with Fairpoints Fiber for business. The router, when auto-detecting the internet type, keeps determining that the connection is PPPOE but we are paying for and being told it is a Fiber connection. Consolidated Communications (aka Fairpoint) will not assist in troubleshooting a third party router. I've tried taking the exact IP settings from the previous router (which oddly enough was utilizing a PPPOE username and password) and it starts to connect in but tells me I should try to manually configure DNS. I've also utilized the MAC address from the old router (the WAN MAC) but that doesn't seem to have done the trick either.

Any one run into this and resolve it? Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C50 Fairpoint Fiber Setup
2018-03-13 21:55:50
Hi, you should select Dynamic IP on the router, if no WAN IP address with Dynamic connection type, then try restart the modem only when the modem is connected to the router's Internet port.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 656

Replies: 1