any way to increase TL-WR841N dhcp address reservations?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-16 09:04:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Now that I have a lot of tp-link IOT (light bulbs and switches) and 10 phones/tablets and a 2 TiVos, Roku, 5 desktop pcs, etc., my TL-WR841N is at 32 dhcp address reservations and when I tried to add another, it got an error. I'm assuming that means there's a limit. I can't find any documentation on this.

Is there a way to increase this? New firmware?

Is there a tp-link router that allows for more? Would I have to re-enter everything manually (I also have many access control entries).

Yes, I can probably eliminate some, but I have monitoring software that requires "known" ip addresses, but all my devices use dhcp.
Options
1 Reply
Re:any way to increase TL-WR841N dhcp address reservations?
2020-02-02 08:52:47
This is not an answer to your question. I was searching for this same thing hoping the 841 would allow more DHCP reservations than the 740 I am using now. Since both allow 32, I won't waste my time trying to use an 841 to replace my 740. I will try updating the firmware. Who knows? After almost four years they have improved the specs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 1

Related Articles