any way to increase dhcp address reservations for TL-WR841N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-16 09:12:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have more than 32 devices now (lots of IOT devices, etc.)

I'm getting an error when I try to add another address reservation. Is there a way around this?

(I posted a thread on this but it never showed up, sorry if there's a double posting)
Options
2 Reply
Re:any way to increase dhcp address reservations for TL-WR841N?
2018-03-19 20:35:51
no, 32 is the limit. but you email tp-link support as suggestion to support more then 32 devices under dhcp reservation
Options
Re:any way to increase dhcp address reservations for TL-WR841N?
2018-03-21 03:31:15
Here's their reply:

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

Really sorry for that since the TL-WR841N only support 32 address reservation, so I am afraid there is no other way can increase this number.
By the way, since the TL-WR841N maximum wireless clients are 32, and to make sure can get internet, the recommended clients are15, if more than 15 devices may have internet connection problem, if more than 32 I guess the device should't get internet?
Also at present all the TP-LINK router only support 32 address reservation.

Oh well, I think I will just take all my IOT tp-link devices and have them just grab any old ip address. I have a monitoring program (that talks to the router's statistics page) that keeps its own table of ip vs device-name, so I used address reservation to tell which devices were which. I now realize I can just map the mac addresses instead, so I don't need as many reservations.

Still, that 32 is kinda old thinking. And admitting that only 15 wifi connections work reliably, is also a bit low. But then the router is only $25.

Options