Local Mode most of the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-16 20:00:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

I have 2 HS105's, an HS100 and an HS200. Things use to work fine, but now they don't. Most of the time the devices in Kasa are listed as Local Only, but often they'll switch. I can have the Kasa app open, and a device will say Local Only, then switch as I'm watching, only to have it switch back again to Local Only. The devices work perfectly with my phone, but very hit or miss with Alexa.

I will go into the settings and toggle the Remote Control switch. Sometimes that works for a bit. Sometimes I get messages about "failed: cloud send cmd failed" or something like that. Other times it will be about not being able to find the server. None of it really makes sense.

Everything else on my network seems to work OK. My internet service seems to be fine.

So, any ideas? Ports to open? Settings to switch? This has be stumped.

Thanks,
Jeff

ps. I have a LinkSys router if that should make a difference.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Local Mode most of the time
2018-03-19 15:29:14
i think it is better to contact tp-link support so they can check the status of the your device from the cloud.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 1

Related Articles