RE200 WiFi calls drop during handoff to/from modem and range extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-17 03:47:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two RE200's with firmware 3.14.2, build 170717, Rel. 41935n. Both have the same problem in that the handoff of calls between the modem and range extenders is bad enough that the calls are usually dropped. If I walk veeeeeery slowly between the two zones, I have been able to get a handoff a couple of times. Normal walking is too much for the system to handle. Is this the fault of the phone, the range extender, the modem, or the isp?

Thanks,

Tom V.
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 WiFi calls drop during handoff to/from modem and range extender.
2018-03-19 20:56:01
few devices support seamless roaming and wifi calls require high and instand internet. so when you move between modem and range extender, the wifi will reconnect which memas internet drops.
you can turn off extenders to test it.
Options
Re:RE200 WiFi calls drop during handoff to/from modem and range extender.
2018-03-20 06:42:13
Anton - Sigh. That's what I was afraid of. You're right, no problem without the extenders, but range does not encompass whole house. Thanks for the clarifying response, though.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1194

Replies: 2