Is this possible????

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is this possible????

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Is this possible????
Is this possible????
2018-03-27 04:41:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an older TL-wr470n router. My download speed can drop to under 1Mbps (on ethernet connection). My ISP service is 100Mbps. I usually get over 100Mbps but lately, it will be running at under 1 Mbps and then maybe an hour later back up to full speed. Is it possible that this is a router problem??

Of course my ISP says it is my problem. What do you think?

I should also mention nothing else has changed in my system (no new devices or cables or moving anything) and the router has been working fine for years.

Before I go and replace the router I would like to know if this is most likely a router problem or an ISP problem.

Thanks
Mark
Options
3 Reply
Re:Is this possible????
2018-03-27 19:30:22
if you connect a computer directly to ISP modem, will the speed drop to 1Mbps?
if yes, then it is isp modem or isp issue.
if no, then it is a router issue.
did you replace the cable going to modem?
Options
2018-05-12 22:49:59
This could be Router issue, however it looks more of ISP issue.Try connecting PC directly to ISP cable and see the difference
Options
2018-08-03 01:52:15
Connect to PC with cable and see what happens.Anything can cause it from IPS servers to cable and router.
Options