AC1750 - is there a way to increase the number of concurrent FTP connections?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-03 12:07:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have set up a USB drive on my router and turned on FTP access. When I am in an FTP session, I notice the connection randomly dropping with the error "too many connections" - I think it is because the router is limiting to one FTP connection per user, and as far as I can tell I can only create one "user" sharing account.

In the admin GUI I cannot find an option to either (1) create more user sharing accounts or (2) allow more than one connection with the same username.

I have tried using telnet or SSH to access the router and change the max users variable, but I cannot seem to connect via either of these methods.

NB: my use case requires that I set up shared folders (rather than "sharing all") so I cannot disable authentication.
Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1750 - is there a way to increase the number of concurrent FTP connections?
2018-04-03 17:03:04
it should be more safe to access FTP server with only one username.
Don't think more users will be available.
Options
Re:AC1750 - is there a way to increase the number of concurrent FTP connections?
2018-04-04 11:40:30
FTP servers sometimes have the ability to allow more than one connection for the same username. In my use case, I have 2 devices that I want to be able to write to storage, and they should both be able to use the same username and password. I have seen this ability before by setting the option st_max_user. Does the TP-LINK router not have this capability?
Options