Deco M5 in AP mode handing out IP addresses.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-04 03:38:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As stated in the title, I have 3 Deco in AP mode. two with ethernet backhaul. All the wireless devices are being handed out 192 addresses instead of the 10.x.x.x that my DHCP server is dishing out. Anyone run into this before? Any tips on solving this?

Router: ASUS RT-AC68u (DHCP Server with wireless disabled)
2 Deco's setup in AP mode with ethernet backhaul to the RT-AC68u
1 Deco set up wireless as AP.

All my wired devices get the IP Address form the ASUS, including the two Deco's with ethernet backhaul., but every wireless device is getting a 192 address.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in AP mode handing out IP addresses.
2018-04-04 09:22:16
Thanks for looking, I double checked and it didn't set up as AP, was still a router, changed it again, it rebooted and all is (semi) hunki dorry. Still some gripes I have with it, but its hard to replace a Asuswrt setup.
Options
2018-04-05 16:38:16
Bug in firmware, I get something similar sometimes on cold boot, see => http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?104512-AP-mode-messes-up-DHCP-after-power-outagePlease open a support case to TP-Link. Maybe they will fix it once they accept that more that a few get this problem.Right now they claim that they can not replicate it in their lab and therefor it can not be a real problem, (paraphrasing useless support).
Options
2019-09-12 08:59:59 - last edited 2019-09-12 09:02:12

@laserdemon 

Indeed that's the case. I bought Deco M5 in September 2019, by default the app would set these up in router mode. I changed that to AP mode once the wireless network was set up since I couldn't figure out another way to set these up in AP mode initially itself; but even in AP mode, they are causing problems on my LAN because the DHCP server isn't disabled upon switching to AP mode of operation as claimed in the documentation.

It is very annoying and I haven't yet found a way around it. I do not want Deco to hand out IP addresses. I have a significant number of devices configured in my router having address reservations, Deco can't handle them all even if I wanted to use its DHCP (which I don't) because many of them are wired, not wireless.

Options
2019-09-12 09:05:56

@Gamester17 

The link took me to the start page, not the relevant post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1883

Replies: 4