Archer C2300 Not Saving Client Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-06 13:22:46
Model: Archer C2300
Firmware version: 2.0.0 Build 20170922 Rel. 32364
Hardware version: Archer C2300 v1.0
ISP: AT&T gigabit

In the router, I went to Network Map / Basic / Wired Clients. I have three wired devices, my desktop, my Pi, and my TV. I want to properly label the devices. I hit the little edit icon, I change the name, and the correct name appears. If I navigate to a different section and come back, the name reverts back to whatever it previously was (either an asterisk or UNKNOWN).
The other thing is if I go to Network / Advanced / DHCP Server and look there, the names do not match up in there, or at least it wasn't. Right now the TV reverted back to the asterisk but in the DHCP Server it shows as TV. I do not understand the lack of continuity.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 Not Saving Client Name
2018-04-30 09:15:23
The only way I found to save the client names is using the Tether app on phone. On a desktop using browser there is no save function visible to save the renaming.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 1

Related Articles