AC1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer Firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-09 07:45:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am unable to upgrade the firmware. I get a -5333 error.

(US) ver:1.0 router
I am trying firmware upgrade: Archer_C9(US)_v1_180125
Options
10 Reply
Re:AC1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer Firmware upgrade
2018-04-09 18:33:49
Make sure you have the router connected to the PC and then disconnect the line from the phone socket, hth.
Options
2018-04-10 20:55:15
Actually the software installed is......

3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n

What do you mean 'connected' to my PC. Do I need a wired connection? Phone socket??
Options
2018-04-11 01:34:43
What I mean is whether you are Ethernet or wifi connected isolate the router from the internet before attempting any flashing of the router or it will chuck you an error code, wired is best due to the nature of wifi and it's probabilities of dropping out halfway through the flash, hth.
Options
2018-04-11 05:24:34
Oh I see, hook-up the router directly to the PC via an Ethernet cable. My problem is my laptop does not have an Ethernet port (X1 Carbon) and my desktop is in another room where the modem and router are. So I would have to get a 50 foot Ethernet cable (I can get one for under $10). I have always updated firmware, so do I need ( or is it a good idea ) to do it for this router? Any other options? Actually after looking at the support page for this router, it does not look like there is any updated firmware anyway. Is that correct? If so, should I get a newer model if there is one?

Thanks
Options
2018-04-11 06:27:07

doakh wrote

Oh I see, hook-up the router directly to the PC via an Ethernet cable. My problem is my laptop does not have an Ethernet port (X1 Carbon) and my desktop is in another room where the modem and router are. So I would have to get a 50 foot Ethernet cable (I can get one for under $10). I have always updated firmware, so do I need ( or is it a good idea ) to do it for this router? Any other options? Actually after looking at the support page for this router, it does not look like there is any updated firmware anyway. Is that correct? If so, should I get a newer model if there is one?

Thanks

I think I can just hookup the router to my desktop with the supplied Ethernet cable. I watched a video flashing firmware.
Options
2018-04-11 07:16:23
I have been investigating and it appears you have to install DD-WRT third party software. Is that correct? My understanding is that is does not initially improve performance, but allows you to tweak it, I guess like I used to do to my motherboards.
Options
2018-04-11 18:33:44
No, one more time,

The router has two sockets, one your phone line goes in and one your Ethernet cable goes in if you are on a Lan and not wifi,

You must disconnect the phone line to enable the FW to flash regardless of whether you are wired or wifi connected, DD-WRT is open source and once you install that TPL no longer has any responsibility towards you,

One more thing, you may need to take the FW file out of the folder it arrived in and simply place it on your desktop or similar, anywhere other than in the folder it downloaded in, it can stay in downloads but not in it's container folder iirc,

And ensure you have cookies enabled when doing it as some cookie settings stop the process.
Options
2018-04-12 08:31:08
I do not think there is any firmware update for this router, v1.0. The firmware installed is.....3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n. The only firmware to download fromthe TP-L ink support site is Archer_C1900(US)_V1_151009_US, which is from [FONT=arial]2015-10-09. Am I correct?

[/FONT]
Options
2018-04-12 17:53:35
Same with me. I also get a -5333 error. agen poker terpercaya
please help me :(
Options
2018-04-12 18:04:11
Yeah that's correct, looks like support for your router has ended, end of life they call it and totally out of order imo unless it's 5+ years old and no updates will resolve anything anyway,

However both of you can re-flash your routers with the old FW to at least clean house so to speak and the way to do that without an error code is basically to disconnect the internet RJ45 cable while still being connected by Ethernet or wifi to whichever device you connect to the admin page with,

You may want to order a factory reset first to make sure no other settings are stopping things but I'm 99% sure it's the internet connection that stops the FW upgrade unless it's an automated one from TPL, also ensure if you are using SD cards, USB sticks to flash with that they are formatted FAT32, if it's just sat on the desktop it should simply load up and run, hth.

p.s, if it was me I would investigate the DD-WRT way on a router that has obviously been abandoned by it's mother, sometimes you can and sometimes can't though as it all depends on whether there is a suitable DD for that router or if the router is locked down by the manufacturer to not accept it like it won't accept it's own rollbacks.
Options