LB230 safe operating temperatures?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-09 22:41:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased eight LB230 bulbs for my recessed lights in my living room.

According to the product data sheet the operating temperature for the bulbs is -15 degrees C to +40 degrees C (5 Degrees F to 104 Degrees F). When I measure the temperature of my bulbs with an infrared temperature gun (after about hour of use) I am seeing temperatures of 150 degrees F. Do I have eight defective bulbs?? The only thing I can say that is a bit off is there is a huge difference in the temperature depending on where you do the reading. If you take the temperature from the front of the bulb it MIGHT be in that 104 range. The rear of the bulb however is around 150 degrees.

My questions are:
1. What is the maximum safe temperature for a recessed light?
2. What part of the bulb does TP-Link use to determine the operating temperature (front or back)? Shouldn't the hottest part of the bulb be what is used, I.E. the back of the bulb?
3. If the rear is what is used, did I win the ultimate defective bulb lottery and get eight bad bulbs...?

thanks!
Options
5 Reply
Re:LB230 safe operating temperatures?
2018-04-11 17:27:13
80·90 degrees is the maximum safe temperature.
The middle white part should be the hotest part of the bulb.
Your current 150 degrees F is also in the range of safe temperature.
Options
2018-06-22 22:14:00
If their external temperatures go beyond 194 degrees Fahrenheit (90 degrees Celsius), a fire can result. This is often due to bad wiring or the fixtures being in contact with combustible materials or insulation. Proper installation of recessed lighting is vital for avoiding fire hazards.
british dissertation editors
Options
2018-09-12 14:24:33
The operating temperature is the range of ambient temperature within which a power supply, or any other electrical equipment, operate in.

Options
2021-05-11 10:29:08

I'm a journalism student at New York University. All the time in general he wrote all his tasks himself. But unfortunately now there is not enough time so sometimes I use essaysprofessors.   I leave the reply   https://essaysprofessors.com   please 

Options
2021-05-11 16:42:36

@HCTB 150 degrees is not a problem. If room temperature is 104 degrees then your reading would be alot higher. Most recessed fixtures have a temperature cutoff built in.

Measure a standard light bulb and you will get a idea of how hot is ok for a recessed light.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2269

Replies: 5