C2300 Homecare-insight time getting reset on reboot. Total failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-09 22:53:09
Model : C2300

Hardware Version : 1

Firmware Version : 20170922 Rel 32364

ISP :

I was under the impression the Homcare / parental control in this router was a good feature to monitor my teenagers on internet. But to my surprise I found whenever we reboot the router all the information starts from zero with no history of usage time. What kind of BS is that. How long will it take my boys to find it out.

Also I noticed even when they are not using their devices there is time added for google.com , facebook , pnp.aptoid.com etc even when the devices were not used by anyone. Why are those logs generated. Which messes up their allowed time.

The third issue is I did setup my router to use OpenDNS with filters running on my DNS account. But if I set up a fixed DNS on my device like 8.8.8.8 for google DNS all my filters get bypassed quietly.

In total all the Homecare feature is complete failure. Wating for DDWRT to release their firmware for this unit
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 0

Related Articles