Customer service black hole

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-15 22:55:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've been going through a customer service merry-go-round for a month on this. I've done all the fruitless exercises that their "support" team prescribed to no avail. They finally issued an RMA two weeks ago, asked for my cc number(in case I decide to keep the broken router, I guess). Two weeks later, I still have no replacement and meaningful communication from TP has ceased. I was promised communication from the warehouse and shipping folks a week ago which they have yet to provide as to the whereabouts of the replacement. Will someone there please do the ethical and responsible thing and respond to the questions? Why should I have to provide CC numbers and do all the follow-up to get TP to live up to its warranty statement?
Options
12 Reply
Re:Customer service black hole
2018-05-16 15:54:54
Totally understand your situation~
If you do not want to provide CC numbers, you can reply to their support by email and they can help you ask for special way to get it replaced.
Generally speaking, there is no much difference even you provide CC number. TP just makes sure the customer will send faulty unit back on time.
There is no any extra charge if you have sent the faulty device to them on time.
Options
Missed the point
2018-05-17 00:27:14

Kevin SG wrote

Totally understand your situation~
If you do not want to provide CC numbers, you can reply to their support by email and they can help you ask for special way to get it replaced.
Generally speaking, there is no much difference even you provide CC number. TP just makes sure the customer will send faulty unit back on time.
There is no any extra charge if you have sent the faulty device to them on time.

This reply totally missed the point. The folks at TP have not responded to questions regarding the whereabouts of the replacement router. This process was started on 4/28; it's already 5/16 and no replacement sent. I did everything that TP requested but they can't even extend the courtesy or exhibit the ethics to respond back to the emails I have sent asking for a status update on the router they agreed to send. The cc is an aggravation, but more aggravating is the lack of meaningful response and lack of real customer service.
Options
2018-05-19 21:28:17
Most support for consumer grade routers is farmed out to Bob in Bangladesh. I would place Tp-Link's customer support in the bottom third of a support/service quality list. Since you are not happy with the router you have and you can't seem to get it replaced, go buy another brand. Tilting at windmills is pointless.
Options
2018-05-23 11:22:02
I agree, TP-LINKS's support is sucks... because they have no support. For exp: TP-LINK AC7 is still no Krack patch for users, when you ask them, they just use AI answer to tell you they are making, but for long long ago until now they still same reply. IF YOU ASK ME, I WILL TELL YOU TO BUY ASUS's ROUTER. THEIR SUPPORT IS BETTER THEN TPLINK MORE AND MORE.
Options
2018-05-24 15:23:12

olphart wrote

This reply totally missed the point. The folks at TP have not responded to questions regarding the whereabouts of the replacement router. This process was started on 4/28; it's already 5/16 and no replacement sent. I did everything that TP requested but they can't even extend the courtesy or exhibit the ethics to respond back to the emails I have sent asking for a status update on the router they agreed to send. The cc is an aggravation, but more aggravating is the lack of meaningful response and lack of real customer service.
It seems the replacement process is too slow, and you suffered too much. Hope your case has been solved.
Options
2018-05-31 08:54:13
If you think TP is bad, try Dell. They sent out a video driver update that screwed my laptop, customer service says the video card is bad. need to send it to them. No it isn't, restored an image and removed all their "service" programs. First & last Dell product,
Options
2018-06-01 22:53:53
Why you need a vide driver from Dell?
You can fnd display card driver from http://www.nvidia.com or http://www.amd.com and not Dell
Options
2018-06-02 15:32:49
I have previously had similar issues with Dell "updates". Their gear does not always play nice with non-Dell parts. So, as a general rule, I do not touch Dell equipment.
Options
2018-06-03 14:00:55
For non-officials part, all company they are same... but for TP-LINKS.... Even you asking for TP-LINKS's supporting, their support just like black hole
Options
2018-06-14 22:42:54

ic3b34r wrote

For non-officials part, all company they are same... but for TP-LINKS.... Even you asking for TP-LINKS's supporting, their support just like black hole

I have hard daily email contact from their support service via email {support@tp-link.com}. They have sorted out one of my issues, but have now escalated the other and I am waiting to see what I get back tomorrow for one of their more senior engineers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1605

Replies: 12

Related Articles