Replacing default AT&T router with AC1200, but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-25 03:16:13
Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : I am replacing my default AT&T router with a new tp-link AC1200. When I plug in my tp-link and connect to the wifi network, I get a "no internet" error message, and the internet light is red on my router. However, when I plug the ethernet cord back into the AT&T router, and connect to its network, everything works fine.I have "Auto-Detect" selected for my DHCP settings. I do not know what other troubleshooting I can do. I do have a stupid sounding question, though: I have an ethernet cable running from a white box on my wall and into the AT&T router. Is that white box essentially my modem? Or, is the AT&T router my modem? Am I unable to get internet because I have to run everything through the AT&T router?Thanks!EDIT: I attached my TP-LINK c1200 ("internet" port) to one of the LAN ports in my AT&T router. I configured router-behind-router settings and now I am connected to my new TP-LINK network. It seems to be working fine.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Replacing default AT&T router with AC1200, but no internet
2018-05-31 17:32:05
In that case, you may connect your pc directly into wall box to see whether it work.
if it's not, you may need to set pppoe connection on TPlink router to put the AT&T username and password.
It seems that's the point.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1278

Replies: 1