TP-Link Archer A2300 - Parental control - Trend Micro list blocks sites unnecessarily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer A2300 - Parental control - Trend Micro list blocks sites unnecessarily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-25 06:45:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It appears that with parental control turned on that some Christian (religious) websites are being blocked. I've frequently used the sites in question with another router that also used Trend Micro for the blocking list. Questions: 1. Is there a way to whitelist sites in this router so that the parental controls are still on, but I am able to connect to sites that I know are safe? 2. Is there a way to contact Trend Micro to petition them to remove their listing (blocking) of certain websites simply because they are "Christian" (religious)? It seems that they allow some morally-questionable sites while blocking sites that are of no threat to anyone? I've trying searching for ways to communicate with Trend Micro on this issue, but can't find the proper link. - Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Anyone? How about whitelisting, is it possible? Archer A2300
2018-05-31 22:40:43

dntc0x wrote

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : It appears that with parental control turned on that some Christian (religious) websites are being blocked. I've frequently used the sites in question with another router that also used Trend Micro for the blocking list. Questions: 1. Is there a way to whitelist sites in this router so that the parental controls are still on, but I am able to connect to sites that I know are safe? 2. Is there a way to contact Trend Micro to petition them to remove their listing (blocking) of certain websites simply because they are "Christian" (religious)? It seems that they allow some morally-questionable sites while blocking sites that are of no threat to anyone? I've trying searching for ways to communicate with Trend Micro on this issue, but can't find the proper link. - Thank you
- Anyone? How about at least answering whitelisting question, is it possible? Archer A2300
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles