AC1900 Archer C9 (V4) - Does not recognize my Samsung ML-2851ND Network printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-27 00:48:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I never had any issues with my previous router recognizing my network printer (connected via ethernet cable), but I am at my wit's end trying to figure this out with my new C9 router. One of two things invariably happens after a modem and router reset: 1) The printer is finally recognized by the network, but my main PC (direct ethernet connection via a gigabit network card), has no internet connection! Or 2) I once again reset the modem and router and my PC's internet is restored but now the network printer is no longer recognized!Please realize that I am no expert when it comes to the various and numerous router settings available, but it really shouldn't be this difficult. Further, you may be asking why I don't simply connect my PC via WIFI, however, I am in the financial services industry and it's imperative that I maintain a constant and reliable connection that captures every tick of data from the trading and charting platforms required for my business, thus a wired connection is mandated.Having said all this, does anyone know why my printer is non-discoverable when I have an internet connection to my PC? Could it be an IP address conflict? Again, I'm a relative novice when it comes to these issues, but any help would be greatly appreciated (along with step by step instructions) on how to potentially rectify this problem. :)Lastly, has anyone experienced short-term intermittent internet drop-outs using this router? I have a network monitoring program that notifies me of dropped connections no matter how small and I seem to be losing connection (that may be indiscernible to the average user) for random periods of between 5 and 23 seconds at a time - just long enough to disconnect my platform data feeds :( Again, none of these issues existed with my previous "old school" N router.Thanks in advance for your patience and consideration.Rick
Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1900 Archer C9 (V4) - Does not recognize my Samsung ML-2851ND Network printer
2018-06-01 15:32:28
Maybe your network printer will into some like "powersave mode" or "sleep mode", cause C9 work incorrect. You can try to use your old N router as a switch(disable it's DHCP Server), connect both C9 and the printer to it's LAN ports, to see it will help. Don't forget to avoid C9 and the N Router IP address conflict.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 1

Related Articles