What functions don't work without cloud connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-30 01:35:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am looking at buying the Deco M5 system because it looks like it would generally meet all of my needs, but one point isn't clear. What functions work (and which functions do not work) without being connected to the cloud configuration? There are cases where I might not have connectivity to the broader Internet. Does the basic local networking (transfer on the LAN, DHCP, etc) continue to work if it has already been set up? For longer term outages, is there a fall back option (even if it's hard to use) that can be used to use/configure the network if it can't connect to the cloud for any reason (ISP down/super-strict firewall/TP-Link decides not to support anymore/whatever)?
Options
1 Reply
Re:What functions don't work without cloud connection
2018-05-30 10:04:38
I will also be very interested in replies to this thread, as it really does appear that TP-Link aren't actively supporting the hardware anymore, there hasn't been a firmware update since last November.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 1