C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-30 17:29:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : HelloI've had an Archer C7 router for about a year and it worked perfectly. Suddenly, it started having problems: the system light would go on, and I could no longer connect to it via wifi or ethernet. The only way to reconnect was to turn it off and and back on. I contacted TP Link and got a replacement. I installed it, and in 3 days the same issue started happening. I have tried updating the firmware and resetting the router to factory settings, but the problem keeps happening. When I connect my devices directly to the internet jack on the wall, it works perfectly. I also tried connecting an older router that I had (from another brand) and it worked for several days with no issues. I have no idea what the problem might be, and would appreciate help solving this issue.
Options
1 Reply
Re:C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter
2018-06-03 13:37:38
You haven't filled the required info with HW version etc above , if it is a version 2 ? look here : a newer FW may help but you need newer Qualcomm Drivers too , at least that is what worked for my Acer laptop with the [I]QCA6174x chipset[/I]

https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter&p=236328&viewfull=1#post236328

and

https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?104053-Archer-C7-V2-Request-for-Firmware-Update&p=233658&viewfull=1#post233658
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 1