Experiencing strange connection/disconnect issue with Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-12 03:48:19
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : RCN

Hi all. I haven't encountered this issue before so I'm having trouble describing it but here it goes. I am experiencing a problem where I seem to get disconnected from applications, games, etc. but I am not getting the normal cues that show I'm disconnected. It feels as if I still have a download connection, but certain applications suddenly stop sending data.
For example, in a game (PUBG) I will be playing the and suddenly realize that I am not able to interact with anything; cannot pick up items, open doors, enter vehicles, etc. But there is no rubber banding, no 'network lag detected' notification (which usually pops up when your internet connection drops), or any other indication that I'm lagging.
At this time I'll also notice that I can HEAR people speaking on Discord, but suddenly no one can hear me speak. The app still recognizes on my side that I am trying to speak because the green light around my portrait lights up, but no one else in the channel hears me. Up until this connection issue point, everything works fine.
The problem seems to be fixed by totally restarting each affected application which is fine, but this is happening multiple times during each night I try to play.
Does anyone know what's going on here? I tried testing my bufferbloat but it didn't seem to be horrible.. though I'm not sure what to look for. My router is Archer C7. I don't think it is a problem with my PC because I am on a new connection in a new apartment and on a brand now router and modem (Arris surfboard docsis 3.1). Before the new equipment/connection, my PC did not experience this issue but I did just go through a move.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Experiencing strange connection/disconnect issue with Archer C7
2018-06-18 04:03:22
I don't know. But I think it's worth a shot trying to disable NAT Boost (Advanced -> System Tools -> System Parameters -> NAT).
Options
Re:Experiencing strange connection/disconnect issue with Archer C7
2018-06-19 11:28:40
Firstly,make sure the FW of C7 is the latest one. If it's not, update it.
Do you connect pc to Archer C7 via wired or wireless connection?

If you connect pc to your modem directly, can you meet the same issue?
We need to figure it out whether it's the issue with the modem or the router.
Then, it's easy to figure it out.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 690

Replies: 2

Related Articles