Archer C5400 How to setup separate networks (VLANs)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-14 10:06:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all. I've had my C5400 router for a few months now and so far it's great. The only thing I would like to do which I can't seem to find it anywhere in the advanced settings, is how to create a separate network like you would a VLAN. I would like to isolate my kids from the main network and create a separate network just for them. I know there's the Guest network, but I have that one setup for guests when family and friends visit.

I would like to have one network as my main network where my computers and other devices connect to. Another network for my kids' devices. And keep the Guest network for guests. Again, sort of like having multiple VLANs to segregate clients.

Is there a way to achieve what I am looking for in this router? Or am I thinking more along the lines of a commercial router like a Cisco where you can configure separate VLANs?

Thanks guys.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 How to setup separate networks (VLANs)
2018-06-14 17:34:59
This is just a SOHO wireless router which don't support that feature.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2137

Replies: 1