Archer C1900 All devices can connect to router, only some have internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-15 05:58:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I just purchased the C1900 brand new off new egg, but I'm having an issue with it. We've got about 10 devices that connect to this router, but usually only 3 at a time. All devices have no issues connecting to the router. The problem is, some of the devices won't have internet unless I reboot the router. After a reboot, different devices have internet than before, and devices that had connection lose it after the reboot.

From what I've researched, this is most likely caused by an IP address conflict. Or possibly a MAC address conflict. I have all of my devices set to auto assign the IP, and the DHCP is on in the router settings. It's as if this thing is still assigning the same IP to multiple devices or something.

Does anyone know the solution to this? I've tried rebooting the modem and router, and completed a hard reset of the router. It still does this. I don't know what settings to change in the router management site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C1900 All devices can connect to router, only some have internet
2018-06-15 17:01:15
No matter wired or wireless connection have the same issue?
If you login to the Web UI of the router, can you see the ip address of the clients?

Since you have tried reset the router but still the same issue, it's better to contact tp support at support.usa@tp-link.com with the screenshot of DHCP client list to get professional help.
Options
2018-06-19 20:06:29
Consider contacting Newegg and do a return or exchange.
Do you have any devices that are assigned a specific IP such as a security DVR, cameras, or game box.
Try powering off all of the devices including the Modem and Router. Power up the modem, wait a bit, then the router, wait a bit, then each of the wire connected devices one at a time (PC first and sign on to the Router check the assigned IPs). Next wire device checking IPs, then continue with the WIFI checking IPs.
Options
2018-06-20 09:45:01
Make sure you have enough DHCP users allowed to connect to router, that it's not limited to less than needed. (sounds like you do). The devices that aren't connecting, make sure they are using TCP/IP protocol and are set to accept a DHCP assignment. Set to proper SSID and any encryption key used.
Options
2018-06-20 12:13:16
I've had the C1900 for months now and currently have around 25 devices connected to it. I'm pushing it using QoS, access rules, DHCP reservations... Everything is fine.Check your DHCP server's default gateway and DNS. Check also the DHCP lease time, set it to anything but 0.Turn off the router and all the connected devices. Install a network tools app on a smartphone or tablet to help with MAC and IP stuff. Turn the router back on then each device one at a time while doing a network scan after each addition. This should give you hints as to what is going on. The router also has a log that records most of the activity.

If the advanced features are not needed, consider replacing the C1900 with a C8 or C9.
Options
2018-06-20 14:57:50
I think you should use C8 or C9
Options
2018-10-20 00:45:02

Glutier wrote

I've had the C1900 for months now and currently have around 25 devices connected to it. I'm pushing it using QoS, access rules, DHCP reservations... Everything is fine.Check your DHCP server's default gateway and DNS. Check also the DHCP lease time, set it to anything but 0.Turn off the router and all the connected devices. Install a network tools app on a smartphone or tablet to help with MAC and IP stuff. Turn the router back on then each device one at a time while doing a network scan after each addition. This should give you hints as to what is going on. The router also has a log that records most of the activity.

If the advanced features are not needed, consider replacing the C1900 with a C8 or C9.

I think C9
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1096

Replies: 6

Related Articles