tp-link w7960 not accessible when connected via bridgemode - is bridgemode even working correctly?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp-link w7960 not accessible when connected via bridgemode - is bridgemode even working correctly?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-18 05:02:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to get bridgemode to work on my cable modem but my router can't connect when its connected via bridgemode. I have tried a myriad of settings on my router and nada. I thought for the tplink modem I would just go advanced -> operation mode -> bridgemode but when I do that I can't access the modem afterwards, I get to the tplink modem login and it just tells me that my password is wrong and eventually locks me out, I have tried the default admin/admin (which is shameful that admin/admin is the default) and with my own password, tried copy pasting passwords etc nothing. I hard reset the modem (pressing the little pinhole for 15sec) then am able to login admin/admin to the modem as a router (no longer a bridge).

Are there some special steps that need to be taken to use the tp-link modem as a bridge?
Options
4 Reply
Re:tp-link w7960 not accessible when connected via bridgemode - is bridgemode even working correctly?
2018-07-13 08:03:49
I posted this in June, and still no reply.
I have now tried two routers with my modem setup in bridge mode, or what I believe to be bridge mode, and neither is working. Statistically it is more likely that this is a problem of TP-Link rather than two other hardware manufactures (netgear and linksys)
please respond/advise.
Options
Re:tp-link w7960 not accessible when connected via bridgemode - is bridgemode even working correctly?
2018-07-17 10:09:54
Once we change it into bridge mode, the LAN IP address of the device gets into 192.168.100.1

Did you use this IP address to login?

Besides, make sure the IPV4 address is obtained automatically and the PC is only connecting to tp-link not any other Wi-Fi network.
Options
2018-08-04 22:37:43
Thanks Bowen98, I was indeed not accessing it via 192.168.100.1, I was using 1 instead of 100.
Unfortunately though, even though I am now able to access it once its in bridge mode I am still not able to use it with my router (the w7960 is not directly attached to my PC), but I have disabled ipv4 on my router so its not using v6. My router is connected via ethernet (I dont use wireless).
Thoughts? my router is using dd-wrt if that helps.
Options
2018-08-17 11:56:04
I have experienced your post and seen the data that you have shared here
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1884

Replies: 4