How to update firmware for TC-W7960?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-18 07:14:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have looked all over the site and can't find any obvious firmware files not to mention howto update, in looking around on the modem options its hardly obvious.

I did find a tar.gz'd file but it was the source code and I wasn't 100% sure that was actually the firmware, regardless compiling from source is over my head and beyond what should be expected of the average user.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to update firmware for TC-W7960?
2018-06-21 09:08:40
The update of this modem is made by ISP and we can't /needn't update it
ISP will push the new firmware automatically once there is any new.
Options
Re:How to update firmware for TC-W7960?
2018-06-22 09:29:06

Enson Loo wrote

The update of this modem is made by ISP and we can't /needn't update it
ISP will push the new firmware automatically once there is any new.

Thank you for the reply.
As for my ISP, I actually bought this modem separate, it had no connection to my ISP other than I checked before hand to make sure it was compatible and then I got it off amazon, not my ISP, that is actually one of the reasons I am posting here because when I called them they said "You will have to talk to the manufacture, just because its compatiple with our service doesnt mean we can provide support if you are not leasing it from us", so back to TP-Link, you say its my ISP, and my ISP says its you. While I normally and the last person to admit that I think my ISP is right, this time I do. TP Link makes this hardware but you say you do not provide firmware for it?
So if TP Link is not supporting its own products that sounds to be tantamount to putting its customers at risk for something like the Mirai botnet no?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2626

Replies: 2

Related Articles