Archer C9 Band Steering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 Band Steering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 Band Steering?
Archer C9 Band Steering?
2018-06-19 19:57:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought an Archer C9 AC1900 with dual 2.4/5 gHz bands. Is there any way for my devices to auto connect to whatever band makes sense? I have done many searches on this and I cannot find anywhere that says whether this is possible. So is this just not possible with this router, or is it as simple as making the SSIDs have the same name and password?

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Band Steering?
2018-06-20 15:03:50
There should be no way to make it.
We can only choose to connect which one.
Options
2018-06-20 20:31:13
If a device can connect to both bands, you should be able to do so. For example, my network uses different SSIDs. I have Ipads that I first set up to sign-on to the 2.4 band. Then I go to the wifi setup page and select the other band from the list and sign-on to it. (do not use the forget this network) Now the Ipads will select the available band. In one part of my house, I can only get the 2.4 band when I turn on the Ipad, however if I turn it on nearer to the router, I get the 5 ghz band. The 2.4 band does better with distance and the 5 ghz band is faster.
Options
2018-06-21 19:05:45

Elbert wrote

If a device can connect to both bands, you should be able to do so. For example, my network uses different SSIDs. I have Ipads that I first set up to sign-on to the 2.4 band. Then I go to the wifi setup page and select the other band from the list and sign-on to it. (do not use the forget this network) Now the Ipads will select the available band. In one part of my house, I can only get the 2.4 band when I turn on the Ipad, however if I turn it on nearer to the router, I get the 5 ghz band. The 2.4 band does better with distance and the 5 ghz band is faster.

Thanks! I'll give it a try...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1407

Replies: 3