Archer A2300 client name issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-18 06:43:59
Model : Archer A2300

Hardware Version : Archer A2300 v1.0

Firmware Version : 2.0.2 Build 20180123

ISP :

I purchased this router a few months back and while configuring it I noticed that when I named the connected devices wired and wireless after a couple seconds it reverts them back to what the router has them as, some are the device name (android phone name), some just say android and a series of letters and numbers, lots are just named "*". On the phone app, tether, I named all the devices and they stayed just fine, so for ease of use I made a spreadsheet with the device names I chose, IP and mac, in case I need to configure for a specific device, that's all fine I suppose, would be a lot easier if it would keep the names on the web access. A new issue has arisen due to the naming problem, if I try to automate things in the house, like disable motion sensor on camera when device connects using IFTTT it shows the web interface device names, no IP or mac to reference so it essentially kills the ability to do that. I talked to support the night I got the device, they said they were able to replicate the issue in the lab and would patch it, still here months later. I'm wondering if I'm just missing something or if someone has a method of fixing this like is there a file stored with device names I could manually edit or anything, love the router but this is making it hard to work with, thanks in advance for any help.Attached a screenshot showing the names, also am running firmware 2.0.2 Build 20180123
File:
Screenshot_2018-07-17-18-41-30.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A2300 client name issue
2018-07-20 16:54:54
I have the same problem with an Archer vr2800, the device names are not being displayed correctly.

It is possible to get the IP Address (watch out if using DHCP) and MAC, login to your device. Then Advanced > Network > LAN Settings..

This should display all connected devices
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1044

Replies: 1

Related Articles