"Main" Deco point changes, which causes to lose wifi signal.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-09 11:54:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We have a old long house and have had issues getting strong wifi throughout the house.
I wanted to try Deco since it is mesh networking, it helped but needed to add power line adapters to fully solve the problem.
3 Deco M5's with the mesh networking along with 2 powerline adapters have seemed to solve our problem.

We have 1 deco directly connected to the same powerline as the modem, then we have one in the middle that is not connected to a powerline adapter, then the 3rd one is connected to only the power line adapter. So the first deco is always considered the "main" since it is connected to the modems powerline adapter. Randomly the "main" will change to the last poweline adapter, which then causes us to lose wifi signal, since it's power line adapter is not directly connected to the modem.

It becomes a headache, bc each time I have to see about changing it back to the first deco, which never works.
I eventually end up having to delete the network and re add everything from scratch.
I LOVE how our internet is strong all over our house now versus before, it would be strong on one side of the house & then non existent on the other side of the house.
But i'm burnt out having to mess with it.

Does anyone have experience changing the "main" to different points and have recommendations??
Has anyone else had this issue and found another quicker solution to changing it back??

**Note* one of the times I know our providers "service outage" caused the change, but the other times I have no idea.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 0