Fire TV won't connect to Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-16 10:10:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed a Deco 9 system and everything except my two Fire TV's connect? Anyone having this issue? They see the network, but when I enter the password, nothing happens. I've tried resetting them, but that doesn't help either.
Options
12 Reply
Re:Fire TV won't connect to Deco 9
2018-08-30 04:24:19
On your fire TV's go to the network settings, highlight the WiFi SSID, on the screen to the right you will see how to forget the network (Hamburger Menu/3 Lines) from your remote. If that does not help and you have the Fire TV Box, connect it to Ethernet and make sure the system is up-to-date. Even though you might be using the same SSID as before the Deco 9, the Fire TV may recognize it as a different network. That is why you have to "Forget" the old settings.
Options
2018-09-03 06:25:13
Thanks but I tried that along with factory resetting both.
Options
2018-09-11 13:38:15
Dear User,

could you share your fire tv model, and does you the fire tv close to your main Deco m9 or satellite unit?
At meantime could you turn off/on your Fast Roaming function and try again. Keep us posted

Thanks
TP-Link

rickindc wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed a Deco 9 system and everything except my two Fire TV's connect? Anyone having this issue? They see the network, but when I enter the password, nothing happens. I've tried resetting them, but that doesn't help either.
Options
2019-09-18 09:06:57

@US team Switching off Fast Roaming worked for me. 

Options
2019-09-24 20:17:05
I believe I have solved the problem with the Deco M5 not connecting to my new TVs wifi. Go to the Deco application and go to "More" on the bottom, then go to Wi-Fi. Go down to create a Guest Network and turn off 5GHz. Then create a Network Name (SSID) with a password you create. Then go to your TV and look for the Guest Network you created and login with password. This worked for me.
Options
2019-11-12 06:16:01

@rickindc 
Yes, I'm having the identical problem with the Deco M5. None of my fire tvs can connect to the internet. No other device has an issue.

Options
2019-11-12 06:42:56

@RG1055 
Neither turniging off fast roaming, nor creating a guest network worked for me.  Any other ideas?

Options
2020-04-12 04:20:58

@AmznGeek  did you ever find a solution? 

My fire TV wont find an IP address when it hooks onto my mesh network. It will hook up just found to my old router two rooms away. The mesh access point is only 6 feet from the tv. It finds the signal, just cant get an IP address. Everything's else hooks up. 

Options
2020-04-13 15:30:57

@rickindc 

I had this same problem with my Fire TV/Stick.  I resolved it by noticing that the M9 uses a default IP address of 192.168.68.1.

Fire TV/stick were looking for 192.168.1.1 as the gateway so that was the problem.

I changed the M9 IP to 192.168.1.1 (LAN option in the app) and that fixed the problem.

Ron

Options
2020-08-11 13:13:54

@rickindc i having same issue with Deco P9, only way i can get it to work for me turn off seamless wifi, But beats object of buying this system. Really annoyed with TP-Link support as no ideas. Just say turn off seamless, i going to send it back to amazon full refund next few days unless a solution...thank you...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6117

Replies: 12

Related Articles